5 Granny Smith apples
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tbs vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 sheets gluten free puff pastry
1. Peel and core the apples.
2. Dice the apples into cubes.
3. In a pan add the butter and add the apples.
4. Once the apples are softened slightly add the CI naming, cloves, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir the mix until slightly thickens. If the mix becomes too solid add a little hot water to loosen it.
5. Turn the mix off and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Roll out the pastry into a creased 20cm pan.
7. Pierce the pastry with a fork and place into the oven for about 5 minutes. It should be slightly brown.
8. Take the pan out of the oven and add the apple mix.
9. Decorate the top as you wish. If you are covering the whole pie then you will require an additional sheet of pastry.
10. Lightly brush the top of the pastry with some butter.
11. Place back into preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes or until brown on top.
12. Let it cool slightly and cut and serve with warm custard.
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup honey
1tbs corn starch
2 tbs vanilla
300 ml whole milk
1. In a saucepan heat the cream, milk and vanilla until just warm.
2. In another large bowl separate the yolks from the whites, only the yolks are required.
3. Add corn starch and honey to egg yolks and whisk until incorporated.
4. Slowly add the warm cream and milk mix while whisking into the egg mix.
5. When all the milk mix is incorporated out the mix back into the pan and put the heat back on. Using a whisk keep whisking on a low heat until the mix starts to bubble.
6. Remove from heat and either let cool if you are serving it warm or place in the fridge if serving cold.